Friday, January 16, 2009

BC, AD, BCE. What next?

Thursday, June 19, 2008

What the heck is BCE???

I noticed that in one of my grand children's text books there were a mentions of BCE. I asked what BCE was and he said, “Before Common Era” or the year one.

Does anyone know when, why or who changed it from BC to BCE? Was it ever on the news or in the print medium? If so, I must have missed it.

The days are still counted from the same, accepted, birth date of Christ. Weather you call it BC or BCE, today it exactly the same date on your calendar as it ever was. So why change the name? Three guesses.

Is AD now going to be ACE for After Common Era? I say let's change the word 'Common' to 'Christian' just to be a little more accurate.

___________________________________________

No comments: