Friday, January 16, 2009

I can buy a new house today

Friday, October 3, 2008

Yep, my bank said so this morning. The loan officer said I can also buy a car if I like and they would be happy to lend me the money. I asked how that is possible with all of the credit problems in this country? She said there is plenty of money to lend to responsible people with good credit records.

I would have to put a down payment for a house purchase and have my credit checked, but the money is there for me to borrow. I asked why some companies have to borrow money to meet their weekly payrolls. She said that if a company had to borrow to make a payroll that company was already in deep financial trouble before any credit crunch started.

We agreed that the news media is overstating the facts when they say there is no money available to borrowers. You can call your own bank and ask if they have money available for you to borrow. If anyone gets a no answer, e-mail me the bank name.

___________________________________________

No comments: