Friday, January 16, 2009

I told you so

Friday, August 1, 2008

Crude oil was at $147 a barrel three weeks ago. President Bush removed a presidential ban on drilling oil here in the U.S. And crude began to drop the next day.

In my earlier Blogs, both Newt Gingrich and I predicted this. More supply equals lower prices. That is the basic tenant of supply and demand. Remember my earlier “Potato Fable”, I explained it simply enough for a grade schooler to understand.

As of today, the price has dropped over $20 a barrel. The liberal establishment has been saying that even if we drill for oil, in ten years it would only lower gasoline 7 cents a gallon. The last time I looked, just suggesting that we drill for oil has caused gasoline in my neighborhood has dropped from $4.15 a gallon to $3.85. And that is only from suggesting that we drill. What could it be when we start drilling?

For many years the environmentalists have been forcing hardships on the common citizen. Just because they are wealthy and can buy favors from Congress doesn't mean that the rest of us have to take it.

If you read my previous blogs and saw the Gingrich video, you know that, “We told you so”.

__________________________________________

No comments: