Friday, January 16, 2009

Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Your school taxes at work
"I be going to college in the fall"

Yes, that what one Philadelphia high school graduate said to a T.V. news reporter. I could not believe what I had just heard. How can anyone, who does not know enough English to say, "I am going to college in the fall" or "I will be going to college in the fall", qualify for any college?

What are our schools teaching in the classroom? When I was going to school, you either learned the material or you were kept in the same grade until you were able to do so.

I had to repeat the 8th grade because I had a reading problem. It was tough to see all of my classmates go on to the 9th grade, but it made me work harder to overcome my Dyslexia. No one babied me and pushed me on to the next grade, they just made me try harder.

My point is that babying school students and graduating those who do not know how to spell or how to put together a simple sentence is bad for our country.

English is now the the default language of the whole world. All airline pilots must speak understandable English in order to get a pilots license. Most countries in the world now teach English in their Business schools. Due to World war II, English became an International language for Communications, Travel and Business.

With all of these factors, many of our own American children only know one tense of the Verb am.

Can you say, “I be living in poverty” or “I be in jail”?

__________________________________________

No comments: