Friday, January 16, 2009

Looking Back on 2008 - My Score

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Looking Back on 2008 - My Score
On May 24th, I wrote a fable about Potatoes. In reality it was about our economic system of supply and demand and how a shortage of a commodity makes it cost more. As you saw, the price of oil dropped when president Bush just mentioned that we will drill for oil. So score one for me.

On “Food for thought”, I predicted that using Corn for Ethanol would result in higher beef prices. Ground beef is now almost $5.00 a pound. That's two for Frank.

On “Insect Welfare”, May 30th. I said that the hard workers will be punished by our federal government and we would have to give our hard earned things to drones who did not work for what they got. (We will be paying for dead beat mortgage holders with our taxes). Score 3 for me.

In “Prices Will Fall”, I again said that oil will drop. That's 4.

In a piece that I forgot to title, I predicted that grain uses for Gasohol would cause food prices around the world to increase. #5.

On July 24th, I wrote about global cooling. As of today, there are record low temperatures in Texas, Louisiana, California with snow!!! I will only take a half point because it is only a short term problem as of now, but keep your eye on the thermometer. 4.5 right.

In “Cool August”, I showed a report that high sunspot activity caused higher temperatures and that low sunspot activity can cause lower temperatures. Well, I included a link showing that sunspots were not there anymore. Deja Vu all over again. 5.5 correct.

The piece titled “Seven Days in May”. The jury is still out. It is too soon to tell exactly what is up but you can see the monetary problems already heading for a “Global” solution.....the world banks linking up to save the world. I will accept a half point. Total thus far 6.0

The rest of my Blogs do not have any predictions or should I say warnings. You can read all of my Blogs for this year at:

http://curmudgeon-1.blogspot.com/
and
http://frankdcurmudgeon.blogspot.com/

________________________________________________

No comments: